Posts Tagged 'circle':

82 hits

Minutes of the Spokes Council - Jun 6 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream WORKING GROUP REPORTS Tech WG Forum Moderators now can be assigned for each AG or WG on the website. They can only edit/delete within their own forums. To join a group (and their dedicated contact list), click the group's name in the sidebar and then click the "JOIN" or "REQUEST MEMBERSHIP" link. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Occupy Jobs Point: Liz

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - Jun 6 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS Tech WG Forum Moderators for each AG on website V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Occupy Jobs Update on Workers Cooperatives info Strategy Lab Kickoff Meeting & Open Reading on Fri Jun 8, 7PM @ Winchester Park Sunset Collective

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - May 30 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream WORKING GROUP REPORTS Tech WG New features on website: 1. Tags now appear in sidebar for each post; please fill in tags when posting 2. Friends and Allies list now appears on front page. Temp Check? =>DIRECT CONSENSUS AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Earth Actions

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - May 30 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS Tech WG New features on website V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Earth Actions Notes on Metro Arts Council & NVEnergy Strategy Lab Introduction of new AG; meeting Fri Jun 8

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - May 23 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream WORKING GROUP REPORTS No new news. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Sunset Collective BALLENTINE - We are trying to get another "Occubus" action going in the near future. EVENT/ACTION UPDATES RTC Public Hearing on Transit Fares - debriefing

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - May 23 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES VI. EVENT/ACTION UPDATES RTC Public Hearing on Transit Fares - debriefing

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - May 16 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS Proposal (Tod) - Begin SC meetings at 8PM during Summer Modification (Ballentine) - Keep current time (7:15), but begin meetings indoors during summer months; if desired we can move the second half of each meeting outdoors. => INDIRECT CONSENSUS V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATESOccupy New Culture

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - May 16 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Occupy New Culture Collapse strategy meeting VI. EVENT/ACTION UPDATES General Assembly - selection of location for June 3 Point: Facilitation WG

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - May 9 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation SHAWN - We could use a better microphone. TOD - I will add that to our wish list on the website. interOccupy

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - May 9 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES VI. EVENT/ACTION UPDATES First Friday @ Arts Factory - debriefing

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - May 2 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Ballentine Stack Taker: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY Notes on Use of the Talking Stick IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS Tech WG Check out the YouTube video of the May Day March. V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Occupy Jobs Guest Speaker: Liz Ryder

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - May 2 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Ballentine Stack Taker: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTS V. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATESOccupy New Culture Report: LV Coop Circle Update on what's happening at the LV Co-op Circle

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - Apr 25 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Livestream Post-Circle Discussion AFFINITY GROUPS PRESENT: Arts Factory Crew Earth Actions Occupy New Culture The May Day Coalition The Sunset Collective I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - Apr 25 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTSFacilitation Proposal to adopt definitions in "Relation between the General Assembly and the Spokes Council" Author: Tod

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - Apr 18 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Scribe: Tod AFFINITY GROUPS PRESENT: Arts Factory Crew Earth Actions Occupy New Culture The May Day Coalition The Sunset CollectiveLivestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTSFacilitation Proposal to adopt definitions in "Relation between the General Assembly and the Spokes Council" Author: Tod

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - Apr 18 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTSFacilitation Proposal to adopt definitions in "Relation between the General Assembly and the Spokes Council" Author: Tod

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - Apr 11 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: N/A Cyber Wrangler: N/A Scribe: Tod Working Groups Present: Facilitation interOccupy Legal Media Tech Affinity Groups Present: Art Rebellion Arts Factory Crew Earth Actions Occupy New Culture The May Day Coalition The Occupation The Sunset Collective Livestream was not available, due to a technical error between Tod's brain and Shawn's keyboard. Next time! I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTSFacilitation

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Apr 11 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream I. PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) II. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE III. NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY IV. WORKING GROUP REPORTSFacilitation Relation of Spokes Council to GA Document online for feedback. Proposal: Legislation Team Needs a point person or to be assigned to a group, or else dropped. Friendly Amendment (Peace): Could be a group Project for all of OLV.

Read More »

OccupyLV - Spokes Council Flyers (Gallery)

A flyer for interested people to come to the Circle Gatherings, or to participate via LiveStream. No particular action or topic is mentioned. 4-up layout. Works in color or BW.

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - Apr 4 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Shawn Cyber Wrangler: Fritz Livestream PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation General Assembly Apr 1 Check out the Relationship between the Spokes Council and GA on website, comment if you have any suggested modifications. OOO (BRIAN SALKE) - Is the NDAA Action on the agenda? DIR (SHAWN) - No, but we can put it on. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES

Read More »

Relationship between the General Assembly and the Spokes Council (Forum)

This document was introduced at the Apr 1 GA, and is posted here for review and feedback. THE SPOKES COUNCIL AND THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY The General Assembly defines the spirit and character of Occupy LV as a whole including our declarations, principles, and vision. The Spokes Council discusses practical, logistical matters that often require detailed plans, coordination between Working Groups, and more reliability from participants.

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council - Apr 4 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Shawn Stack Taker: Dhalgren Cyber Wrangler: Fritz Scribe: Tod Livestream PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation General Assembly Apr 1 Reportback. AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Occupy New Culture Reportback. EVENT/ACTION UPDATES

Read More »

Minutes of the Spokes Council - Mar 28 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Ballentine Stack Taker: Dhalgren Cyber Wrangler: Greenguy Scribe: Tod Livestream PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation Working Group General Assembly Mar 25

Read More »

Agenda: Spokes Council Mar 28 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Ballentine Stack Taker: Dhalgren Cyber Wrangler: Greenguy Scribe: Tod Livestream PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation Working Group General Assembly Mar 25 Reportback. Media Working Group Video Shoot: A4 Mic Check

Read More »

Agenda: General Assembly Mar 25 (Page)

Time: 2:00PM - 5:00PM Place: Winchester Park Facilitator: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Fritz Livestream INTRODUCTION TO CONSENSUS PROCEDURES NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY INTRODUCTION TO WORKING GROUPS INTRODUCTION TO AFFINITY GROUPS EVENT/ACTION UPDATES Station Casinos Advertising Against Workers Uniting Point: Greenguy

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Mar 21 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation Proposal: Circle participants who aren't part of an AG, WG or Caucus are considered to be the "Open Caucus": they get a voice but no vote (i.e. they cannot block). => Direct Consensus Proposal: Cyber99 is a Caucus

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Mar 21 (Page)

Time: 7:15 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream PRE-MEETING: SETUP & SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until 7:15) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Facilitation Proposal: Open Caucus Proposal: Cyber99 Caucus Proposal: Move General Assemblies to Saturday AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Occupy New Culture Spoke: Shawn EVENT/ACTION UPDATES

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Mar 18 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Shawn Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES Sunset Collective

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Mar 18 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP REPORTS Suggested WGs (require consensus): Facilitation, Communications and Outreach, Events and Actions, The Occupation, Interoccupy AFFINITY GROUP UPDATES EVENT/ACTION UPDATES

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Mar 14 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Shawn Cyber Wrangler: Tod Scribe: Tod Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY GROUP REPORTS Area 99 Area 99 is in hibernation. Sunset Collective The transmitter is close to completed, hopefully we will have the last part very shortly. Occupy New Culture

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Mar 14 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Shawn Cyber Wrangler: Tod Scribe: Tod Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE NOTES ON LANGUAGE & SOLIDARITY GROUP REPORTS TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team #OccupyM1 - May Day Proposed Reorganization InterOccupy Team

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Mar 11 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Dhalgren Cyber Wrangler: Fritz Scribe: Tod Ustream part 1 Ustream part 2 Ustream part 3 Ustream part 4 Ustream part 5 Ustream part 6 SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) GROUP REPORTS Area 99 @ The Desert Deadline of Monday. Occupy New Culture

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Mar 11 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Dhalgren Stack Taker: -- Cyber Wrangler: Fritz Scribe: Tod Ustream part 1 Ustream part 2 Ustream part 3 Ustream part 4 Ustream part 5 Ustream part 6 SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE GROUP REPORTS TEAM REPORTS

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Mar 7 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Livestream GROUP REPORTS Area 99 (Mandalay Camp) STEVE - a rep from Mandalay showed up with police, the owner has been cited by the health dept so now the campers have to leave. The timing seems strange, since the previous inhabitants had been there 4 years. EVY - if anybody has info on location of campers, please contact me. Sunset Collective TOD - Ballentine has been working on homeless advocacy project along w the Mandalay campers. TEAM REPORTS

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Mar 7 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Scribe: [TBD] Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE GROUP REPORTS TEAM REPORTS InterOccupy Team Proposal for National Gathering Author: Occupy Philly CoC Point: Tod Call for a National Day of Action for Public Transportation Author: Occupy Boston CoC Point: Tod Investigate 9-11 Team Proposal to Disband the Investigate 9-11 Team

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Mar 4 (Page)

Facilitator: Josef / Shawn Stack Taker: Shawn Cyber Wrangler: Tod Scribe: Tod LiveStream REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Sunset Collective TOD - Sunset is currently working on the Organizing the Homeless project FRITZ - We've got some things in the works for the next week or two; we have a small action we're going to run to force the city into answering a question; no matter what answer they give, we will win. Occupy New Culture

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Mar 4 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream SETUP / SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE GROUP REPORTS TEAM REPORTS PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS EVENT/ACTION REPORTS The Last Saturday at the Venetian - debriefing Date: Feb 25 Point: Brian #F29 - debriefing Date: Feb 29 Point: Tod

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Feb 22 (Page)

Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: Tod Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Scribe: Tod LiveStream REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 MIKE - Final GA at Area 99 was good, I was the facilitator; We expressed our hopes to stay together after the camp moved. BRIAN - There is a new camp behind Mandalay Bay. Everyone knows about it (including Metro). There will be some social workers coming around to offer services - these are not mandatory.

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Feb 26 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective Occupy New Culture D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS F. EVENT/ACTION REPORTS Last Saturday at the Venetian - debriefing Date: Feb 25 Contact: Brian

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Feb 22 (Page)

[NOTE: THERE WAS NO CIRCLE FEB 19, WE WERE ALL AT AREA99 FOR ROCCUPY.] Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective Occupy New Culture D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS F. EVENT/ACTION REPORTS

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Feb 12 (Page)

Facilitator: Jen Stack Taker: Ray Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Scribe: Tod LiveStream pt 1 LiveStream pt 2 REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES MECHA/UCIR INTRODUCTION

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Feb 12 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS F. EVENT/ACTION REPORTS First Monday/Last Tuesday Contact: Brian

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Feb 8 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS F. EVENT/ACTION REPORTS #F29 - Shut Down the Corporations (ALEC) Date: Feb 29 Contact: Tod

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Feb 5 (Page)

Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Josef/James Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Scribe: Lee Projector: Citizen Ray LiveStream pt 1 LiveStream pt 2 REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 JASON - Brett is fighting to keep the property. GAs - there are so few people it may not be possible

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Feb 5 (Page)

Agenda: Feb 5 Circle Gathering Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] LiveStream pt 1 LiveStream pt 2 A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Feb 1 (Page)

Facilitator: Ballentine Stack Taker: Brian Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Scribe: Tod Projector: Citizen Ray LiveStream Part 1 LiveStream Part 2 LiveStream Part 3

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Feb 1 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: [TBD] Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS F. EVENT/ACTION REPORTS First Friday http://www.occupylv.org/events/first-friday-0 Date: Feb 3 Contact: Dhalgren Nevada Republican Caucus Action

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 29 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) NOTE: AN EXIGENT ACTION HAS BEEN CALLED TONIGHT BY OCCUPY PHILLY, IN SOLIDARITY WITH OCCUPY OAKLAND. WE ARE PLANNING A SHORT MARCH WHICH WILL BEGIN AT 7 PM. PLEASE BRING SIGNS RELATED TO POLICE BRUTALITY AND OCCUPY/PEACE. B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS

Read More »

Welcome to the Circle (Forum)

This is an introductory page written to explain what the Circle is, and how it works. The basic idea is what OWS calls a "spokes council", in which multiple semi-autonomous organizations cooperate and coordinate actions within a larger consensus-based structure. The PDF version at the bottom of the page may be downloaded for printing and distributing. "The Circle" is our name for the Spokes Councils held by OccupyLV. We are a leaderless, horizontal, egalitarian organization welcoming all individual human beings in the city of Las Vegas - corporate entities excluded.  

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Jan 25 (Page)

Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: Ballentine Cyber Wrangler: Dhalgren Scribe: Tod Projector: Citizen Ray Livestream archive not available REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 Thanks to the Circle for support. Sebring is off the permit. At last night's GA we moved to a Consensus Model. We removed all trespasses (except those applied for crimes), and agreed to make OccupyLV.org the official website of Area99. We are very happy. The Sunset Collective

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 25 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: Tod Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS F. EVENT/ACTION REPORTS "We Inspire" Action - Debriefing http://www.occupylv.org/events/we-inspire-action Date : Jan 24 Kill Your TV Installment 1: The Federal Reserve

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Jan 22 (Page)

Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Brian Cyber Wrangler: John Scribe: Paul Projector: Citizen Ray Livestream REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 ISH - The lease runs out Feb 20, we're trying to figure out what we can do afterwards. The wind has been really bad lately, but we're getting used to it. We're camp 4.0 right now. We'll be involved in the rally outside "We Inspire" on Tuesday. The Sunset Collective

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 22 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: [TBD] Livestream A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective will be bringing news on regional Occupy activities from Occupy Portland and beyond. D. TEAM REPORTS E. PERSONAL ACTION REPORTS

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 18 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Josef Stack Taker: James Cyber Wrangler: Mike Scribe: Tod Livestream not available A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS Arts & Entertainment Team Away Team Facilitation Team Freedom School Team interOccupy Team Investigate 9/11 Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Medical Team

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Jan 11 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Mike Stack Taker: James Cyber Wrangler: Mary Scribe: Tod Projector: Citizen Ray Livestream REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 Discussion of feeding Area 99 postponed to open session. The Sunset Collective Reading: "The Eight Principles" TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 11 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Mike Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS Arts & Entertainment Team Away Team Facilitation Team

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Jan 8 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: Rosalyn Cyber Wrangler: Mary Scribe: Tod Projector: Citizen Ray & Josef Livestream Pre-Meeting 1. HOSTILE MIC CHECK FROM MERCEDES & FRIENDS Pre-Meeting 2. "THANK YOU FOR COMING" MIC CHECK FROM THE CIRCLE REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Jan 4 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Chris Cyber Wranglers: Mary & Dhalgren Scribe: N/A Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS TEAM REPORTS PERSONAL REPORTS EVENT/ACTION REPORTS NEW BUSINESS: OPEN FLOOR / PUBLIC COMMENTS NOTE: No Scribe was appointed for this meeting, and the LiveStream crashed shortly before the final 15 minutes, deleting or overwriting the archival in progress. No transcript could be retrieved.

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 8 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: [TBD] Cyber Wrangler: [TBD] Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS Arts & Entertainment Team Away Team Facilitation Team

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Jan 4 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Chris Cyber Wranglers: Mary & Dhalgren Scribe: TBD Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. SOCIAL TIME (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURE C. GROUP REPORTS (if Spokes are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. TEAM REPORTS (Circle Working Groups) 9/11 Truth Team Arts & Entertainment Team Away Team Facilitation Team Freedom School Team interOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team

Read More »

Roles on the Facilitation Team (Forum)

Individual roles within the Facilitation Team are rotated among the team's members, and include: Facilitator (aka "Moderator") Stack Taker (aka "Cat Herder") Cyber Speaker (aka "Ghost Wrangler") Minutes Taker (aka "Scribe") Larger Gatherings may involve a number of additional roles, including: Time Keeper Co-Facilitators Stack Ushers Vibe Checkers Specifically, the Facilitation Team is responsible for carrying out the following tasks: Logistics/Arrangements for Location Logistics/Arrangements for Media & Cyber Technologies Creation/Management of Agendas Creation/Management of Minutes

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 28 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: James Cyber Wranglers: Phil & Dhalgren Scribe: Paul Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 - Foreclosure Occupies to be starting Jan 7; Some support for the Dec 30 NDAA demo; There will be no Area99 GA on Dec 31. The Occupation (Phil) - Still researching until 1st wk of Jan, including Project Whack-a-Mole. Volunteers contact PhilosophicAnon

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 28 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod (?) Stack Taker: James (?) Cyber Wrangler: Mary (?) Scribe: TBD Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Social Time (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. Review of Consensus Procedure C. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Org Research Team Tech Team RoadTrip Team E. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people)

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 21 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Brian Cyber Wrangler: Mary Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 (Shawn) - Seriously working on Foreclosure Occupies to be starting Jan 7; will participate in NDAA demo The Occupation (Phil) - Will be researching until 1st wk of Jan - Organizing Project Whack-a-Mole. Volunteers contact PhilosophicAnon TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 21 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: Kirsten Cyber Wrangler: Mary Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Social Time (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. Review of Consensus Procedure C. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Tech Team RoadTrip Team E. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Occupy a Foreclosure

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 18 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Brian Cyber Wrangler: Mary Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS The Occupation (Phil) - Organizing Project Whack-a-Mole. Volunteers contact PhilosophicAnon TEAM REPORTS

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 18 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Brian Stack Taker: Kirsten Cyber Wrangler: Mary Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Social Time (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. Review of Consensus Procedure C. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Tech Team RoadTrip Team E. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Foreclosure Home Sale Protest #3 (debriefing)

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 14 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Shawn Cyber Wrangler: Mike B & Mary Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS Area 99 (Jennifer Reed) - The Occupation (Phil) - TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team (Tod & Mary) - Thanks to Shawn & Kirsten for stepping up! We're always looking for more members! Learn how to Facilitate, Wrangle, or Take Stack! Contact Mary or Tod. interOccupy Team (Jen Harney via Tod) - Roadtrip Team - Photos and Love!

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 14 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: TBD Cyber Wrangler: Josef & Mary Scribe: TBD Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Social Time (while setup underway; until roughly 7:30) B. Review of Consensus Procedure C. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective D. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Tech Team RoadTrip Team E. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Foreclosure Home Sale Protest #3

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 11 2011 (Page)

Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Brian Cyber Wrangler: Josef & Mary Scribe: Sara Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas [Thanks to Sara for her fantastically detailed notes!- TF] REVIEW OF CONSENSUS PROCEDURES GROUP REPORTS The Occupation (Phil) - Discussion of Foreclosure Occupation will be handled on the 14th, but meanwhile some data has come to light bringing into question the subject's history; more research will be needed. TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team - Looking for more members! Learn how to Facilitate, Wrangle, or Take Stack!

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 11 (Page)

Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Tod Stack Taker: Brian Cyber Wrangler: Josef & Mary Scribe: Sara Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Review of Consensus Procedure B. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective C. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Tech Team RoadTrip Team D. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Foreclosure Home Sale Protest #3 http://www.occupylv.org/events/foreclosure-home-sale-protest-3 Dec 15 @ 10AM

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 7 2011 (Page)

REVIEW OF CONSENSUS GROUP REPORTS Area 99 (Brian) - Will be participating in the NVEnergy Demo Dec 21 The Occupation (Phil) - Discussion of Foreclosure Occupation (see below) The Sunset Collective - Red Rover action Dec 12 TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team - Looking for more members! Learn how to Facilitate, Wrangle, or Take Stack! Roadtrip Team - Going to Los Angeles for Port Action; we have space for a few more people EVENT/ACTION REPORTS DEBRIEFING: Occupy A Foreclosure http://www.occupylv.org/topics/occupy-foreclosure

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 7 (Page)

Agenda: Dec 7 Circle Gathering Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Mike Bourda Stack Taker: TBA Cyber Wrangler: TBA Scribe: TBA Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Review of Consensus Procedure B. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective C. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Web Team D. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Foreclosure Home Sale Protest #2 (debriefing)

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Dec 4 2011 (Page)

- REVIEW OF CONSENSUS - GROUP REPORTS Area 99 (Aaron Harney) - "First Friday was a lot of fun; we'll be doing it again" The Occupation (Phil) - They have some supplies and more on the way; will be ready to roll very soon The Sunset Collective - no new news - TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team - Looking for more members! Learn to Facilitate, Wrangle, or Take Stack! Media Team - El Mundo ran a very fair front-page story on Occupy Web Team - We have a Facebook page & FB Like button - EVENT/ACTION REPORTS UPDATE: Occupy A Foreclosure http://www.occupylv.org/topics/occupy-foreclosure

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Dec 4 (Page)

Agenda: Dec 4 Circle Gathering Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Mike Bourda Stack Taker: TBA Cyber Wrangler: TBA Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Review of Consensus Procedure B. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective C. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Web Team D. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Occupy a Foreclosure http://www.occupylv.org/topics/occupy-foreclosure

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Nov 30 2011 (Page)

AGENDA ITEMS: - REVIEW OF CONSENSUS - GROUP REPORTS Review of Groups/Spokes Model Area 99 (Jen Harney) - Area99 1st Friday Event, Mic Check @ Open Mic The Occupation (Phil) - intro: small tactical occupations; need camp supplies, considering foreclosures The Sunset Collective (Tod) - alternative/sustainability group; expect to see their communiques - TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team - Apologies (we miss Gina!) InterOccupy Team - Occupy LSX calling for global actions in Dec Kill Your TV Team - explanation of concept, meeting 7PM Dec 1 Media Team - need volunteer to help w spanish-speaking press Web Team - remember to join your groups & teams online: even if you jined before (new system)

Read More »

Circle Agendas and Process Flow (Forum)

The order of a Circle agenda follows a modified OWS GA model. Of course all our procedures are subject to revision, and the Circle process is no exception. Review of The Process Introduce Facilitation Team Group Reports (Spokes/Affinity Groups) Team Reports (Working Groups) Personal Reports Event/Action Reports New Business (Announcements, Proposals, Initiatives, Feature Topics or Guests) Formal Close of Assembly Open Floor/Public Comments For each Proposal: Friendly Amendments Questions/Comments/Concerns Questions may be Answered or Tabled Tabled Proposals go to a post-meeting Discussion Group

Read More »

Agenda: Circle Gathering Nov 30 (Page)

Agenda: Nov 30 Circle Gathering Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: Mike Bourda Stack Taker: TBA Cyber Wrangler: TBA Scribe: Tod Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Review of Consensus Procedure B. Group Reports (if Spokes Representatives are present) Review of Groups/Spokes Model Area 99 The Occupation The Sunset Collective C. Team Reports (Circle Working Groups) Facilitation Team InterOccupy Team Kill Your TV Team Media Team Web Team D. Event/Action Reports (some of these projects still need point people) Foreclosure Auction Demo (debriefing)

Read More »

Minutes of the Circle Gathering - Nov 27 2011 (Page)

AGENDA ITEMS: - REVIEW OF CONSENSUS - TEAM REPORTS Facilitation Team - newly formed, seeks members for facilitation training Media Team - no representatives present Tech Team - all new news is on the website - REPORTS ON EVENTS/ACTIONS Occupy a Foreclosure http://www.occupylv.org/topics/occupy-foreclosure Listings have been acquired. no house selected Contact: OceanOfSand Foreclosure Home Sale Protest (Auction Demonstration) http://www.occupylv.org/events/foreclosure-home-sale-protest Nov 30 @ 9AM Contact: David Hall & Jim Duensing Occupy December (31 days of marches) http://www.occupylv.org/events/occupy-december

Read More »

Agenda: Nov 27 Circle Gathering (Page)

Agenda: Nov 27 Circle Gathering Time: 7:00 PM Place: South side of UNLV Student Union (between SU & bookstore) Facilitator: TBA Stack Taker: TBA Cyber Wrangler: TBA Minutes: TBA Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/OCCUPYvegas A. Review of Consensus Procedure B. Team Reports Facilitation Team Media Team Web Team C. Reports on events/actions: (these projects need Teams): Occupy Homes - listings have been acquired (Contact: OceanOfSand)

Read More »

Proposal for Circle Consideration of Tod's Domain Name Dilemma (Forum)

I'm pimping my blog. OMG I have a blog. Wheeee! This is a pointer to my domain name dilemma blog entry here. I'm making a forum topic for pushing to agenda to make sure I can get consensus on this at the next Circle. I don't want to do something autocratic, but my sense of civic duty forces me into a conflict over the name. So here's the basic proposal: WHAT: Consider The Circle to literally equal the set of everyone in LV (incorporated entities excluded).

Read More »

Defining the equation of the circle (Forum)

Just some of the procedure crap we don't want to bog the live meetings down with. Basically, a summary of how to run a circle meeting. Let's talk about how we want to "define" the circle, even if we define it somewhat vaguely. I've filled in some blanks with my thoughts, and we can amend things as wanted to say what we're about. Who Facilitates:

Read More »

"The slightest acquaintance with history shows that powerful republics are the most warlike and unscrupulous of nations."
- Ambrose Bierce

About Occupy Las Vegas & OccupyLV

OccupyLV.org is the independent web portal of the Occupy Las Vegas Movement, in full support of the #OWS and 99% Movements.

We are the 99% of People who have not benefited from the current system. We are part of the global revolution and so are you.

We will not squander this amazing opportunity to save the world.

Join us.

Here's Where You Submit Your Stuff...  

OccupyLV.org is always looking for passionate & devoted creatives to add pertinent content for our members and readers all around the world. If you'd like to contribute as an Artist, Blogger, News Tracker or Photographer, just click the "Apply for Role" tab on your account page. Or to submit your piece without registering, just drop us a line.